background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

18 Weeks

How Far Along: 18 weeks!


 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm just going to ignore this question I think :) Although, I've been doing pretty well!


How big is baby: Baby is the size of a bell pepper (Baby Center) or a sweet potato (The Bump).







Stretch Marks: Nope! Still slathering my belly daily with the Mama Bee Belly Balm from Burt's Bees. Stay away, stretchies! The belly has been super itchy lately, though, so I've been lathering up even more frequently.



Maternity Clothes: Definitely wearing maternity pants, but not rocking the tops quite yet.



Sleep: Sleep is pretty great, I can't really complain. Still waking up once or twice to go to the bathroom and/or re-adjust my sleeping position. Still dealing with achy hips and the lower back has gotten in on the game this week, too. Also, I don't know if it's my sleeping position or what, but I wake up and my ab muscles are usually screaming at me. Weird! It's not like I'm doing sit-ups in my sleep or anything :)



Gender: We'll find out on April 8th, only 9 days to go!



Movement: Yup, here and there. Can't wait until I can feel it more!




Food Cravings/Aversions: Um, 3 words for ya... Late Night Snack. The new Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor. AMAZING!




Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in, but I can definitely tell it's not as deep as it used to be :)



Symptoms: Round ligament pain, sore lower back, hips and tail bone. And lately my abs have been aching quite a bit, so I'm assuming baby is growing like he/she is supposed to :)



What I miss: Being able to exercise regularly, sleeping on my tummy and back, and black licorice. All totally worth it though!



Looking forward to: Oh, just a little thing called an ultrasound on April 8th. That, and picking out stuff for baby's room, registering, and finding a birthing class.


 
My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  We were talking about the baby moving, and I was telling him that as I get toward the end of the pregnancy the movements will be so strong, they'll probably hurt since being punched in the ribs probably doesn't feel too great. And Hubster's reply? "Wow, that must get really annoying! You can't even make them stop." No kidding. :)
Weekly Belly Pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment