background

Thursday, March 10, 2011

15 Weeks

How Far Along: 15 weeks! Wow.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm scared to find out what I've gained since our last appointment. Let's just say, for the next week I'll be eating LOTS of veggies and fruits, instead of muffins, bread, cookies, potatoes... Let's hope I can stick to the plan.


How big is baby: Baby is the size of an apple this week!




Stretch Marks: Nope! Still slathering my belly daily with the Mama Bee Belly Balm from Burt's Bees. Stay away, stretchies!

Maternity Clothes: Pants, yes. Shirts, still rocking non-maternity wear. I am having to add longer tank tops under the shirts though, to make sure I'm covered.



Sleep: Sleep is glorious! Still getting up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom, but I can't complain since I don't think I fully wake up for that!

Gender: Our 16 week appointment is next week, and we'll set our ultrasound appointment then. Can't wait! I mean literally can't wait. I hope they don't make us wait too long for the ultrasound.


Movement: Still trying to decipher if it's baby or gas that I'm feeling lol!


Food Cravings/Aversions: Still craving squash and  roasted asparagus, but also mexican food and almost anything not good for me :) No aversions to speak of!

Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in, but I can definitely tell it's not as deep as it used to be :)


Symptoms: The waistline is definitely expanding, still fighting with acne, and some round ligament pain.



What I miss: My feet not hurting when I wear heels :) But, I will wear them as long as I can! A short girl's gotta do what a short girl's gotta do!

Looking forward to: Our 16 week appointment!

My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  I was telling him about my first awkward belly rub that happened last week, and how it didn't make me mad or anything, but it was just weird because I don't feel like it's big enough for that since it still feels like mostly bloat. A couple days later we were standing in the kitchen and he started rubbing my belly and said:

"It's still okay if I do it, right? You don't mind?"

I said, "Of course I don't mind, it's your kid, too!" I love that he was thoughtful enough to ask me though, and I even more love the fact that he's trying to stay connected through this whole pregnancy process. I can't imagine how it must be for the men, to be so detached from it all physically!



Weekly Belly Pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment