background

Friday, February 25, 2011

13 Weeks

How Far Along: 13 weeks (well, technically 13 weeks 1 day). As of Sunday, I'll no longer be in the 1st trimester!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Are you ready for this? (I can't believe I'm putting this on the internet). 12 lbs. Yes, you read that correctly, it's not a typo. Ugh! Here's to finding veggies palatable again, and making better choices. Well, most of the time anyway.


How big is baby: The general consensus from all the baby websites is that baby is the size of a peach this week. Mmm, peach...


Stretch Marks: No thanks! I've been slathering up my belly with creams, lotions, and oil, and drinking a ton of water in hopes that I can keep my skin hydrated enough to prevent them as much as I can.

Maternity Clothes: Yeah, exclusively pants. They're just more comfortable and why sit all day at a desk in pants that are too tight? Not my idea of a good time, thankyouverymuch.


Sleep: Sleep has been pretty great, aside from getting up to pee all the time. My only other complaint would be how sore my shoulder and hip are from sleeping on my side and not budging until my arm is numb. But even with that, sleep is still glorious.

Gender: I'm okay with either, although lately I find myself REALLY wanting a girl first. As long as baby is happy and healthy, we'll be happy, too! We can't wait to find out, though.


Movement: No... Well, at least I don't think so. I've been feeling little pops and bubbles, but I'm pretty sure it was just gas or something gross like that. Waiting for the day that I really notice it as movement though!


Food Cravings/Aversions: I crave food in general. Lately it's been sweets, so I bought some strawberries and grapes in hopes that they would satisfy the craving. But then I bought some rocky road icecream, so that tells you how well that plan worked.

Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in, but I can definitely tell it's not as deep as it used to be :)


Symptoms: Still dealing with the acne of a teenager, but it's getting a little better I guess. Other than that and the expanding waistline, there are no other symptoms that I've noticed.


What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. I tried, but it feels like there is a baseball in my abdomen and can't lay like that for long.

Looking forward to: We had our genetic screening blood test last week at our 12 week appointment, so I'm looking forward to hearing those results and making sure baby is doing well.

 
My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  When we went to the 12 week appointment, after I was weighed and freaking out a little about how much I've gained, he says "Well, you're carrying a baby!" Um, thanks Hubster, you're adorbs. Too bad baby only weighed about an ounce at that point :)


Weekly Belly Pics:

White makes you appear bigger, right? Right?!


Trying (unsuccessfully) to suck in the bloat...


No comments:

Post a Comment