background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

12 weeks

How Far Along: 12 weeks! So close to the end of the first tri, I can't believe it!

 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Oy. I'll find out tomorrow for sure, but I know I've gained.


How big is baby: The size of a large plum according to The Bump and What to Expect. Baby Center says the size of a lime, but that was so last week :)

Stretch Marks: Noooo.

 
Maternity Clothes: Yes, mostly pants. I have a couple pairs of jeans that still fit me (they were my "fat" jeans), but I went and bought a pair of maternity jeans and a pair of dress pants for work that are maternity. When I get home from work, though, I live in sweats or yoga pants. And some tops I'm wearing are maternity thanks to some friends coming to my rescue after the last post where I whined about being fat. Thanks, friends!

Sleep: Sleep is great! I broke down and bought a body pillow this past week and OMG, I have never slept better. Hubby thinks it's like sleeping with a 3rd person in our bed though ha ha!


Gender: Still no idea! I'm still thinking girl, but I have doubts at times. Can't wait to find out!


Movement: No... Well, at least I don't think so. I've been feeling little pops and bubbles, but I'm pretty sure it was just gas or something gross like that.


Food Cravings/Aversions: Still craving mexican food like crazy. It's seriously out of control, but we can't have it all that often because it doesn't sit well with The Hubster since he can't have dairy and most good mexican food has tons of cheese. But some cheese enchiladas sound AMAZING right now.


Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in, but I can definitely tell it's not as deep as it used to be :)

Symptoms: Horrible, horrible skin. It's so dry no matter how much I moisturize, but it's breaking out so badly too. And at night I've been getting heartburn pretty badly, which is no. fun. at. all. Peppermint has been my new best friend lately. Aside from the negative symptoms, a positive one is that my boobs are getting bigger, FINALLY.


What I miss: Not having the skin of a teenage girl, and the ability to eat what I want. Other than that, not much!


Looking forward to: Our 12 weeks appointment, which is tomorrow! We'll get to hear the babe's heartbeat and hopefully see him/her again.

My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  Not a quote, but still cute. Well, at least to me. I found out from a fellow prego friend that the crib I want is on sale this week. So I text The Hubster to let him know, thinking he'd respond back with something like "Too bad we don't have the money right now" and instead I got a "Maybe we can go get it this weekend after we pay bills"! Buying our first piece of baby furniture this weekend would be so, so rad.

Weekly Belly Pics:


Belly looks smaller this week, yes? Maybe the bloat is going away!


No comments:

Post a Comment