background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

11 weeks

How Far Along: 11 weeks, hooray!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Oh I have gained. Not sure how much, I'll find out next Friday though.

How big is baby: The size of a fig (Baby Center) or a lime (What to Expect). Baby is growing!


Stretch Marks: Nope! I've been religiously rubbing in the cocoa butter lotion in hopes that I'll avoid them as much as possible. My mom didn't get any through either of her pregnancys so here's hoping I don't either!

Maternity Clothes: Yup, pants anyway. All my shirts still fit me, but I hate how I'm looking in them. I feel like I just look fat and like I'm trying to stuff myself into clothes that are too small. Right now the baby belly just looks like a beer gut, and it's frustrating. I'm going to go shopping this weekend for some more clothes that will make me feel good about myself.

Sleep: Sleep is amazing, getting up 2 or 3 times a night to pee though. I could do without that, but I fall right back asleep so it's not that much of a bother.

Gender: Won't find out for a while, but read this post and you'll see what I've been thinking.

Movement: Nope, but I can't wait for it! I've heard of some women who have felt it as early as 11 weeks or so, but so far all I've been feeling is gas ha ha!

Food Cravings/Aversions: MEXICAN FOOD! I love tacos, burritos, anything with cheese really. Also, I've been craving black licorice icecream like mad, but found out that eating black licorice during pregnancy is frowned upon. Something about one of the ingredients leading to ADHD and memory problems in the babe. I'll do my best to avoid the craving, but that's going to be hard with Eater just around the corner. I love me some black jellybeans!

Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in, but I can definitely tell it's not as deep as it used to be :)

Symptoms: I jinxed it last week. I was doing all great with no nausea, not having to wear my SeaBands, and what happens? It comes back, of course! This week has been Nausea City, with yesterday being the worst. SO ready for this part to pass, but it's reasurring to know that my body is doing what it's supposed to do, and letting me know baby is growing like it should. Also, my skin has decided to rebel this week, and I am none too pleased about this new endeavor. Makes me feel like I'm going through puberty all over again!

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, looking cute in my clothes, and black licorice.

Looking forward to: buying some new clothes this weekend. I think it's just what I'll need to feel better about my appearance.

 
My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  The Hubster is just sweet in general, giving me love and support and listening to me bitch about the way my body is changing and the things I'm missing out on (black licorice... I'm not bitter at all). Thanks, Hubster!


Weekly Belly Pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment