background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

21 Weeks

How Far Along: 21 weeks (although I'm posting super late)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained another 5 lbs. The midwife said I'm right on track for weight gain though, so if she's not worried, neither am I!


How big is baby: From head to rump baby is the size of a carrot (10.5 inches long and about 3/4 of a pound!)

Stretch Marks: Still none! I inspect the belly daily for them, and later up like it's my new religion. Fingers crossed that staying hydrated, keeping my skin moisturized, and genetics will keep them at bay.


Maternity Clothes: Yes, definitely pants. Most shirts are maternity or a size larger than I used to wear though. Tried putting on a shirt that I used to wear and it was comically tight.


Sleep: Sleep is good mostly, but it's getting to be uncomfortable in the hip department. I know it's only going to get worse, so I'm focusing on the nights where hip pain is non-existent.


Gender: Little Man


Movement: Oh, he's moving around SO much! And it is definite baby movement, too. Love it!

Food Cravings/Aversions: Craving carbs, carbs, and more carbs! And pineapple. And rocky road ice cream.

Belly Button: Getting more and more shallow by the day, and I finally took the belly button ring out. It was getting to be a bit uncomfortable, and it's so weird to see the belly without it now. I've had it for the past 12 years or so!


Symptoms: Sore hips and tailbone, and swollen feet and hands at times.


What I miss: Bending over without grunting, looking cute and not just bloated. But overall, I'm enjoying my pregnancy.


Looking forward to: Working on the baby's room, registering, and picking a name. Choosing a human being's name is tough, man!

My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  I'm not going to use this for a husband quote this week. Thursday afternoon, the day I actually hit 21 weeks, I got a phone call that my grandmother who was in the hospital wasn't doing well, and that I should get up there soon to see her. I am SO glad I left work when I did, because I was able to chat  with grandma a little bit, and she even teased me saying "You're going to be huge in August!" She passed away that evening, and I am so glad I have that last moment we shared together as one of my final memories of her. She was a remarkable woman, one who I didn't see nearly enough, but loved dearly.

Weekly Belly Pics: Just for fun, a little comparison for you... What a difference 10 weeks makes!


11 weeks, nothing to see here!

21 weeks... Hello baby!
(No belly pic this week since I was wearing a dress. I'm a lady, thank you very much)



2 comments:

  1. this is awesome!!! i'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby bump! :-) Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I had the same thing happen to me as well. She had the biggest smile on her face when I told her that she was going to be a great grandma again! That was my favorite last memory of her. I hope things are still going great for you and the little boy. :-)

    ReplyDelete