background

Friday, April 15, 2011

20 Weeks - Halfway!

How Far Along: 20 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'll find out next Friday, but truth be told, I'm not super concerned about it. Sure, I don't want to gain WAY too much, but I'm not going to stress about not eating a donut if I want one :)

How big is baby: From head to rump baby is the size of a cantaloupe (The Bump) or a banana (BabyCenter).


Stretch Marks: Nope! I had a scare the other day though, I thought for sure I saw one on my belly so I went nuts and slathered on the belly balm I've been using. I'm thinking it was just a mark from my clothes or something though, because it's not there anymore. Stay away stretchies, please!



Maternity Clothes: Yes for pants, and some tops. Most of my pre-pregnancy tops are all too short though, so I've been buying a few new ones here and there.



Sleep: Sleep has been pretty darn good, actually! I fall right asleep and only wake up to use the bathroom. Enjoying it while it lasts :)



Gender: A not very modest little boy! He had no problem flashing the goods at our ultrasound, and anytime they were trying to get a picture of anything in that area (kidneys, legs, whatever) he kept showing us the goods. So funny!



Movement: More and more, although I have an anterior placenta so, I'm told, it'll be harder for me to feel the first movements. There will be no mistaking the kicks and punches as he gets bigger and stronger though, I'm sure.


Food Cravings/Aversions: Craving food in general. Last weekend my mom, bestie, and I made Buska, our family's traditional Easter bread. Sooooo good, and totally hit the pregnancy craving spot!


Belly Button: Getting more and more shallow by the day :)



Symptoms: Sore tailbone, major round ligament pain, my belly feeling like it might rip open. Just the usual pregnancy stuff, right? ha ha!


What I miss: Not a whole lot right now, I'm really enjoying this part of pregnancy.



Looking forward to: Getting to work on baby boy's room. There is a plan in motion, people!


My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  This has to have been when we were in the  ultrasound. We were watching the baby on the screen while they were taking all of the necessary measurements when the tech said "He won't move". And The Hubster looks at me and whispers "She said he!" Then, when she was getting ready to tell us what we were having she asked if we had any guesses and he swore up and down he saw the baby's "manhood" and that he picked up on her saying "he". It was great to see him so excited!


Weekly Belly Pics:

Ignore the sleepy face, I was so tired.

1 comment:

  1. whats the plan for the baby boys room?? :) Have you seen the dwell owl stuff? http://www.dwellstudio.com/owls-sky-crib-set.html Your blog background reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete