background

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Due Date!

Well, last week brought along with it some surprises...

First things, I got the flu on Thursday. The stomach flu... Which is no fun when coupled with morning sickness.

On that Thursday I also started spotting, kind of a bright pink. So I called the advice nurse for my mid-wife and they were able to get me in that same day within an hour or so of when I called. They weren't alarmed since spotting in early pregnancy (and, realistically, throughout pregnancy) is pretty common, but they wanted to see me anyway to be on the safe side, as well as to put my mind at ease.

I get to the appointment and they do a little exam and then pull out the portable ultrasound machine, which makes me happy to have another chance to see our little babe again. They find the baby and a heartbeat, *cue the collective sigh of relief* and measure baby again.

"You're 8 weeks along, right?"

"Uh... I'm actually supposed to be just over 9 weeks along, from what they said last week when baby was measuring 8 weeks 2 days..."

"Hmm... let's try again!"

So she takes several measurements and they're all coming up at roughly 8 weeks each and every time, which isn't super concerning, but is somewhat considering baby should have grown. Apparently all babies measure about the same size in the first trimester so to be sure their measurements and dating were correct they sent me over to a bigger office to get a more in depth, detailed ultrasound. Which I didn't mind one bit :)

So we head across the river to a Portland office and get in right away to this AMAZING ultrasound tech who instantly put us at ease. We got some awesome pics of the babe (which I'll post as soon as I can get them scanned), and we got to see the brain, umbilical cord, hands, and strong heartbeat (153 and 160 bpm), and even saw baby moving around a bit :)

Turns out, the first ultrasound measurement was off and I'm actually 8 weeks along (8 weeks and 4 days today), and I'm due September 1st, 2011. I'll resume the weekly surveys this Thursday, once I hit 9 weeks officially.

Here's to a healthy babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment