background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

There Ain't Nothing Sweet About 'Em

This winter, so far, hasn't been too bad in the Pacific Northwest. We even got a little bit of snow in November! But up until now it has all been par for the course.

Unless you live in our tiny little home on I Street... We've been having a heck of a time dealing with a small problem, and it's gradually turning out to be a bigger problem. The culprit? These guys:


F*cking Sugar Ants
These little buggers have been popping up everywhere. No matter how many times we've wiped everything down with vinegar AND bleach, they still return. And not just a couple here and there either, they're showing up in full army gear, marching their way across my kitchen and grossing us all the eff out. So now whenever I'm cooking or baking something I get all neurotic about things and wash and rinse each item I'm using, just to be sure none of the ants have left their grubby little foot prints that could get into our food. Gross, right?

But now it's crossed a new line. These little f*ckers have invaded my dreams. Yes, you read that right. I spent the majority of the night last night tossing and turning, with visions of sugar ants marching all over us in our sleep. Every little tickle or itch that needed scratched was instantly amplified and I was certain I'd wake up to discover it was no longer a dream, but a freaking reality. I was seriously losing it, guys, and I got ZERO sleep because of it.

So now? I declare war. WAR, I tell you! I refuse to lose anymore sleep over these tiny, gross bugs. They may have me cornered based on the sheer number of troops they have, but I will outsmart them and win this battle, mark my words.

Any suggestions on how I could send them packing and waving their little white flag of surrender? Send them my way if you do, I'm desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment