background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

6 weeks

So, it seems that our little babe will be here around August 23rd, 2011. A summer baby, just like I'd hoped for!

After asking my mom a bajillion questions, (and friends/anyone else who has pushed something out of their hoo-ha) and getting a bunch of "Hmm... I can't remember!" responses, I decided I wanted to blog my journey through this pregnancy. I want to be able to read these posts a year from now and remember where I was, where we were, in our lives. I want to remember the nausea, the sore boobs, the bloated tummy...

I want to capture it all in this little time capsule of mine and when the time comes to open it again I want to feel like I'm right back in this moment... Full of love, hope, and amazement at the little life we created, the soul I'll give birth to.

In addition to random blogs about the typical pregnancy stuff (I have no idea what typical is yet, just go with me), I'm going to do weekly a pregnancy survey at the beginning of each week to re-cap how I've been feeling and how my body is changing, and I'm going to bite the bullet and include belly pics, too.

Here we go!

How Far Along: 6 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm the same, haven't made a change in either direction, which I'm okay with so far :)

How big is baby: The size of a lentil :)

Stretch Marks: No thanks! Too soon for stretchies.

Maternity Clothes: Nope, still in my regular clothes.

Sleep: Meh, not too bad. Getting up a couple times a night to pee, and I've been really restless. It's hard for me to stay asleep lately, even though I'm exhausted.

Gender: Too early to tell, but we can't wait to find out!

Movement: Too early for this, too.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Haven't had any cravings at all. I gave up Diet Coke the day I found out I was pregnant,  but I tried to ease some nausea with one on Sunday because that always worked before, and it SO did not work. Made me wanna hurl. Guess Baby Nesbit doesn't take after mama in being a Diet Coke addict.

Belly Button: Still an innie, and I still have my belly button ring in.

Symptoms: Slight nausea, sore boobs, and bloating.

What I miss: Diet coke.

Looking forward to: Our 8 week appointment on January 13th!

Best Moment this week: Finding out we were actually having a baby! Because I'm so anal I called my doctor and had her order a blood test so we would know for sure. When we found out, I was at The Hubster's work. No one else was there, and we had been waiting on pins and needles to find out. I talked with the advice nurse who told me it was positive, my hcg level was a 92 :) Once I got off the phone, I told him "We're having a baby!" What followed was one of the most joyous, emotional, and loving moments I've had with him. It makes me tear up to think about it...

My favorite husband quote/moment of the week: It has to be when I told him!
On Black Friday I went shopping late in the day and managed to pick up a few things for stocking stuffers. On a whim, I grabbed a copy of "Knocked Up" for $1.99, because I thought it would be a funny way to tell The Hubster. Little did I know, I was probably knocked up at the time!
So fast forward to last Wednesday, I got my 2nd and more intense positive test and decided it wasn't a fluke. I grabbed the DVD and the pregnancy test and walked out to the living room where he was watching tv. I said, "I have a Christmas present that I really can't wait to give to you". I sat down on his lap and showed him what I was hiding. Instantly he said "Really?! You're really pregnant?!" with tears in his eyes.
As quickly as that happened he said "Hold on!" and took off to our bedroom. He comes back out with a pack of pacifiers in his hand, which he had planned on putting in my stocking to say we should have a baby.
Looks like I beat him to the punch :)

This still feels so surreal, I can't believe we're going to be parents!


Weekly Belly Pics:


6 weeks


6 weeks bare belly!


No comments:

Post a Comment