background

Friday, April 6, 2012

Would you like fries with that?

Over the past couple of months, this Little Home Family has been through quite a bit of shiz. To be honest, I still have a tough time wrapping my mind around all that has happened.

My daddy died.

My sister in law died.

Cancer is a bitch.

While each of these events deserve their own posts, I'm not really in a place (mentally) where I can talk without turning into a crying, snotty, splotchy-faced mess. Those posts will come soon enough, though.

The majority of my time in the past two months has been spent away from home, either in my car driving up and down I-5 or sitting in a hospital/hospice room. This means that there has been very little use of the stove in our little abode. In fact, fast food has become a staple, to the point that meal time isn't fun. Very often we're both saying "Ugh, I'm so sick of fast food!", and we are.

Starting Monday, NO MORE FAST FOOD. I mean it. I'm going to see if I can avoid the siren call of the drive-thru window for a month, save for the occasional diet coke (those totally don't count).

Other than benefiting my health and my bank account, I need incentive for this to happen. So I'm totally going to reward myself when I make it a month without succumbing to fast food. My reward shall be...

A pedicure. I haven't had one since I was pregnant and DESPERATELY need one. So, come May 6th, this little lady will be soaking her tootsies and picking out the perfect color.

What color best compliments pasty white legs, I wonder...

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you shave lol! It's spring so I'm thinking something springy :-) good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl....that's some tough stuff to go through but hopefully you'll begin to heal over time.

    I suggest a sugar scrub pedicure...I got one this weekend and it was ahhhhhhhhmazing

    ReplyDelete