background

Friday, March 30, 2012

Solar Powered

I would like to start spring cleaning our house so that we can begin the baby-proofing process. Ronan is getting closer and closer to being on the move (don't even get me started on that) and there are lots of things we need to move/get rid of/put an electric fence around so The Ronanator won't hurt himself.

I have a list. Buy outlet protectors and other various "baby don't go there" items. Get another baby gate. Clear off the ottoman that is our coffee table. Organize the desk. Gut the entire house and start over (kidding. sort of). Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Anyway, this is the time of year to do these things. Spring cleaning = cleaning NOW. Only, the problem is? Is that this rainy, gray, soggy weather makes me want to do nothing. Rain makes me want to make a crock pot full of chili, pull on some cozy socks, and curl up with a good book or snuggle with my main men.

I have always been the type that is energized by sunny days. Something about the sun streaming through the windows and tickling your face with it's rays makes me want to tackle even the most unpleasant household tasks (other than the bathroom and back yard poo patrol, those are The Hubsters zones).

I know I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and start anyway, because living in the Pacific Northwest means rain at least 9 months out of the year so the sun won't be shining 'round these parts for quite a while. I just can't seem to find the motivation to get started.

Mother Nature, can we get just one sunny day, on a weekend, so I can get this done before my baby becomes mobile? Help a girl out!

If not, and he ends up eating dog food, I'm putting that all on you. Deal?

1 comment: