background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

27 Weeks

How Far Along: 27 weeks. One more week to the 3rd tri!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've been working really hard this week to not gain, and I think I've done pretty well! I go back for my next appointment on the 17th and we'll see then. Cross your fingers for me!


How big is baby: Baby weighs 2.5 lbs and is roughly 16 inches in length. About the size of a head of cauliflower. Grow, baby, grow!




Stretch Marks: Noperoni! And hopefully it'll stay that way :)

Maternity Clothes: Yes, please! They're so much more comfortable that non-maternity clothes at this point. I'm still wearing and buying normal, non-maternity shirts though, so I'll have something forgiving to wear after he's born.


Sleep: Sleep is great, when I'm actually sleeping. I have zero trouble falling asleep even when I get up to go to the bathroom, but waking up to roll over hurts so bad. My hips have been screaming at me and, believe me, I hear them!


Gender: All boy, baby.


Movement: He has been moving SO, so much. It's such an awesome feeling, and I love when others can see it/feel it too. The Bestie came down and was able to see him move and feel him kick. He's pretty stingy with letting others see or feel it, so I kept on him until he gave in and showed her what was up :)

Food Cravings/Aversions: Craving asparagus like crazy, and I've been loving PB&J sandwiches. Also, sliced up apples and peanut butter have really been hitting the spot lately. And, of course, Hershey's with almonds :)

Belly Button: Shallow and dry. Ew.



Symptoms: Swelling has been out of control. Particularly on my feet, cankles, and calves. It's gross and my skin feels so tight. Also, the linea negra is getting darker.



What I miss: Bending over easily, fitting into shoes other than flip flops, my feet not hurting. And I still miss dancing like crazy.



Looking forward to: Getting his room done, and we need to do some minor construction work on the closets, too. I want to get all that done before we set anything of his up to avoid getting dust all over his things.


 
My favorite husband quote/moment of the week:  Hubster is heading to Scotland! The night before he was to leave he was talking about finding something for baby boy and all of a sudden I felt a couple quick, strong kicks. It made Hubster happy to think that our son heard him and responded :)


Weekly Belly Pics:

27 weeks

27 weeks... my view

No comments:

Post a Comment